Monday, December 31, 2007

Confirmation of application

I received a letter from the D.C. Court of Appeals confirming that they have my application, which is a good thing.

It was very annoying that they didn't issue a receipt. What court takes money from you and doesn't give you a receipt? In my home state, when I applied last March the bar examiner office gave a receipt acknowledging that they got my application (I hand delivered there like I did here) and that they got my money.
Here in D.C., I got nothing but a bunch of crap answers. I asked "So what happens if someone loses my application between now (early December) and when admission tickets are sent out?" All I got was a shrug. Nice system. How about you give the person at the desk a receipt pad and a pen and have them write up something. After all, it isn't like D.C. gets thousands of applicants taking the exam (it is usually around 300!).

BarBri is nearly here. It will be good to get it going, but at the same time, that makes it seem more "real"- the bar exam is imminent.

No comments: